Being totally computer-handicaped I was unable to superimpose correctly the various components of the two main Monte-Cristan liveries, yet you’ll be able to understand what I meant in the various posts refering to them, and reconstitute what I intended to show!
Neither am I satisfied with the colors of the ‘background’ (= cloth of the tabard or coat)….
To the left the three elements of the Black Company livery:
-the ‘fire’ silk (would appear with more red, according to contemporary paintings of the flag of French Royal Artillerie regiment),
-the silver-edged black velvet lace,
-the ‘Flaming Skull’ motif repeated on the lace, in silver, silk and gold.
To the right the two elements of the Monte-Cristan ‘Presipapal’ livery :
-the ‘bleu turquois’ cloth (actually would be slightly more intense and with a little more blue (ever seen ‘bleu turquoise’ lingerie? Or, see the slash in the portrait of Louys in 'A gallery of Rulers', but hinting *so slightly* more toward green) -close to 'cyan' / 'aqua', htlm code 00ffff,
-the ‘Monte-Cristan dark pink’ motif repeated on the silver lace.
Well, I suppose that, imperfect as they are, these illustrations are still better than plain text…
Now, to make this post a little more interesting, some images of the 18th C.









No comments:
Post a Comment